Friday, April 27, 2007

Zzzzzzzzzzzz.

Well, I think my sore throat is definitely the one I mentioned a couple of days ago in an earlier blog. I went to bed at 8 pm last night, slept in until 7 am this morning, and still felt all sorts of fuzzy.

I went to work, and gave up after an hour of not being able to concentrate. I just stared at the screen and thought about sleeping. So I came home, and slept on and off until about 5 pm. I feel better now than I have in the last couple of days.

Changing topics, why is it that British men always sound witty and brilliant? I was meandering through iTunes, and came across Hugh Grant's Playlist. His comment on (Sittin' on) The dock of the bay " Great melody. Great singing. Brilliant encapsulation of the meaninglessness of life and the pointlessness of existence. Perfect at an existential party." Another hilarious comment for the song Cupid. "This was my first dance routine, and remains my finest choreography. I would pull back and imaginary bow and fire an imaginary arrow. Brilliant. The few who witnessed it have never fully recovered." And then finally, his comment on the Substitute "I was born with a plastic spoon in my mouth, the north side of my town faced east and the east was facing south - brilliant lyrics, great melody, incredible power pop, suspect geography." Absolutely hysterical. Pity he can't keep himself out of the news with his baked beans attack.

No comments: