Tuesday, April 10, 2007

No longer lost, because I found it

This morning at the bus stop across from the Finn Hill Fire Station, I found a oversize large red photo album. It was slightly wet, and gritty, but filled with photos from 1989-1990. I thought about leaving it there, but couldn't bear the thought of it getting rained on. So I carried it to work on the bus, and the 10 blocks that I walked to work from the bus stop.

I have to admit, by the time I hit block eight, I was doubting my sanity for carrying the thing in. Somebody could have stolen a car, and pitched the family album. Or maybe a kid got mad at their mom and threw it away. Or people were cleaning their house, and it fell out of the dump truck. Regardless, its somebody else's memories slightly dirtied.

I guess I need to make a found sign to post around the neighborhood now.

No comments: