Sunday, November 02, 2008

Learn to pebble






Yesterday, Jeremy and I attended the Learn to pebble class, taught by Doug Williams and Joe Fox. There were 8 of us that attended. 4 women : Linda C, Christina, Katie M, and myself. There were also 4 men. Jeremy, Ethan, Jon W, and a man whose name I don't remember, but he plays on Monday night.

It was a very interesting class. Pebbling takes quite a bit of coordination. You have to walk backwards carrying a 30 to 40 lb container of hot water and ensure that your arm moves back and forth faster than you walk. Also to keep the nozzle above the water to keep it from spraying all over the place. There is no on or off switch.

We all had a great time and it was a fun learning experience. I wish there was more time to practice. I also wish it was easier to avoid feeling self conscious.

Here are some photos.

No comments: