Sunday, November 30, 2008

I don't think all Asians look alike.



A few weeks ago, an article about Betty Kozai and her family of curlers appeared in the Seattle Times. Said article can be found here: http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/living/2008336412_curling01.html .

That same weekend, I volunteered for an open house at the Seattle Granite Curling Club. I volunteered as the greeter and assigned guests to the available groups. As I assigned people to their groups, I received the occasional comment "Hey, you're in this weekend's paper!!" Only to reply, "No, that wasn't me."

This weekend our club hosted the Seattle Granite Cashspiel. I was looking forward to saying Hi to Bart Sawyer, a drop in instructor from the Four Foot Training Camp last summer. We dropped in on Friday, just in time for the 2:00 pm draw. Bart's team was playing against Beighton on sheet 1. The team that Emily Good was playing on was sheet 2. Emily also had attended Four Foot.

I took a few photos, and noticed sometime in the middle of the game, they had a short conversation with each other. Emily pointed up at the windows, Bart looks up, I wave at them, and Bart and Emily wave back. Last night, I was talking to Emily, to find out that Bart had thought she was ME!! LOL. Bart started talking to her about all of the photos I uploaded on Facebook. Hence, her pointing out that I was the one watching the game behind the glass. It was very amusing to see the tables turned.

Just for the record, here is a photo of Emily and myself. Emily ->Half Japanese. Cyndy (Me) -> Full Chinese. No relation.

No comments: