Saturday, August 30, 2008

Curling Camp, Day Three


Day three started out well. I was in a really great mood. I was a little sore, but I was flexible and able to move around.

The instructors worked on our sweeping techniques. I do not feel that there was enough individual attention on this aspect of curling. Sweeping can be just as important as the delivery.

Luckily Lee took me aside and gave me a few more tips. She knows that I am working towards being competitive. I am by no means perfect, but I believe I will be a much better sweeper this upcoming season.

The mini game was super frustrating. I was having a hard time sticking to the basics. I allowed the tension with our team's skip affect me.

By the time the evening arrived, I had worked my way out of my funk. There was a talent contest, where they had the different teams sing karaoke. Personally, my favorite was the Brown Dog Stool team singing Splish Splash.

No comments: