Sunday, August 31, 2008

Curling Camp, Day Four. Ray is not my husband.


Day four covered timing. It would have been great if I could have paid attention, but the two older women from my sheet were nattering on. They even asked a question that was answered, while they were talking. Due to time constraints and lack of equipment, I used the stop watch a total of three times.

This was also the day that the team that I was on finally gelled. We met our object for the first two games, before we lost our focus.

In the end, I enjoyed my time at the Four Foot Curling Camp. I learned quite a bit about delivery, strategy, and sports imagery.

Other things that come to mind: Sitting at a table with Ray and Jeremy. A lady from my sheet sits down and looks at Ray, then asks me "Is this your husband?" Ray looks at me, I look at him. I said "It must be the Asian thing." Always surprises me when people assume that I've married someone that's Chinese, or that I don't speak English.

No comments: