Tuesday, October 07, 2008

And yet, still more curling practice.

Today was the first day I have been on the ice, since last Wednesday.

For some reason, my bad knee (ACL injury back in 1997) was bothering me. I think it was probably the change in weather/pressure. Usually when the weather changes, I'm aware of it when I wake up in the morning. It bothered me more on Thursday and Friday than it has since I first received the injury. I'm pretty sure it wasn't curling related, as I had been curling just about non stop since the ice came in.

Last night, I started reading the manual to get my Level 1 Instructor certification. I think it affected my delivery today in a good way. Over the last couple of weeks, I have found a problem trying to get my rock to the tee line. Today, I had a couple of rocks that zoomed through the house.

I think I must not have been sitting far enough back in the hack. Even with my weight distributed correctly, it was causing some funky deliveries at the women's practice a couple of weekends ago. I have to remember to keep that in my head for tomorrow.

No comments: