Sunday, July 06, 2008

Movies and Books

We haven't been out to the theater in ages. For the most part, there really hasn't been any movies out there that have struck my fancy.

In the last two months, these are the movies that I have seen on DVD (that I haven't seen previously): Jumper, Akeelah and the Bee, and Enchanted. Enchanted was as cute as you would have expected from Disney. Akeelah and the Bee was awesome. It made me want to dig out a dictionary and study words such as synecdoche. Jumper was disappointing after having seen the trailer. I gave up halfway through the movie. My husband enjoyed watching it. Hayden Christianson was a much better actor in this movie than in the Star Wars series.

I have a large amount of books hat I have checked out from the library. My favorite fiction book that I just finished was Eclipse, by Stephanie Meyer. It is a teenage fiction book, that is number three in the series. Breaking Dawn, the next book in the series is coming out in August. The movie Twilight, which is based on the first book is also coming out in August. I may drag myself out to the theater to see this movie.

Other books from the library include : How to Play a Bridge Hand, Curling for Dummies (there are some great exercises for getting into shape), Journal Revolution, Sweater Surgery, Last-Minute Fabric Gifts, and Sewing Packs, Pouches, Seats & Sacks. Who knew that the library would get them to me so fast?! I've really enjoyed the Journal Revolution book so far.

I just checked out fellow artfester Kim's blog, and see that Kim, Ellen, and Lani are starting a round robin journal. I've had various journal ideas rolling around in my head for the last couple of weeks. Hopefully this twinge of jealousy will get me off my butt, and to finally start working on it!

No comments: