Monday, February 25, 2008

I want to be a Rockstar Curler!!

So over the weekend, one of the 2nd year curlers told me about a competition, where they will select 5 people to train and compete for the 2010 Olympics. I'm only a first year curler, and I doubt I'll get a shot at it, but that doesn't stop me from being super excited at having submitted my application.

Ah the dream of curling for 6 months, 8 hours a day. I don't doubt it will be hard work. I'd give a couple of teeth for a chance.

My husband Jeremy and I have been curling since October. We belong to two leagues, the Sunday Novice League, and the Friday open. We are permanent subs on Tuesday, and I'm a permanent sub now on the Wednesday Womens league. We are also known to sub on the Sunday night mixed league and Mondays as well. Just a little curling crazy!!!

There are so many things that I am curious about this competition. Who are they going to select to try out? Do new curlers even have a chance? When are they closing the applications? Where are the try outs going to be? I can hardly stand it.

Jon Bonjovi and the Boss are closet curlers?
http://www.cbc.ca/arts/story/2008/02/11/curling-rockstar-boss.html

No comments: