Thursday, February 14, 2008

13 hours before we leave for Canada.

Not that I'm counting or anything.

Work has been stressful. We've been trying to get test cases written and completed by end of day Friday. I have tomorrow off, and put in some overtime on Tuesday and this evening to compensate.

I spent a day trying to figure out what a dev had written for a use case category. It gave me a headache and stressed me out even after talking to him. Finally, I spent an hour and a half with another dev, who had worked on use cases similar to this. He drew a grid, we filled it out, and voila. I had rewritten the titles of test cases so that I , and my fellow testers could understand them.

Additionally during meeting, I brought up topics I felt needed to be addressed before our next software release. I kept thinking about them, because nobody had taken ownership of them. Now, they are on the white board. While nobody has taken ownership of them still, at least they are documented. I apologized for taking up so much of his time, and he said "There's no need to ever apologize for being detail orientated."

I've gotten everything that I could get done off my plate, and in an email. No need to worry about work until 6 am Monday morning. Now I can worry about packing. Heh.

Since I've gotten home, I've washed dishes, two loads of laundry, and tidied up the main bathroom. I've also spent a little time with my beagle, Gravity, played two songs on Guitar Hero 3, taken a shower, and typed up this blog. Not bad, since I got home just before 7 pm.

Off to bed. I have to get up early to take Gravity to doggie daycare. ZZZZZZZ.

No comments: