Sunday, February 10, 2008

Driving the P(ASS)AT home from curling.

I've just gotten home from the curling club. At a stoplight, I looked in my rearview mirror, and saw the driver pointing at my car, and the passenger laughing. The P(ASS)AT strikes again.

Several years ago, my husband decided to scrape off the word PASSAT off the back of the car. Apparently it was difficult, and in the end, he left the letters ASS. To this day, we still get people who notice it and start laughing.

Had the worst game ever curling in the novice league. I missed every single shot. It was very disappointing. We lost our game by three points. First game we've lost this half of the season.

I meant to come home after the traditional pint and socialization, since my husband was going to play in the late draw. I ended up staying until 9 pm, but I had a blast. The McLeans had food duty tonight, and brought in a baked potato bar. I helped grate cheese, wash dishes, bake cookies, and make the occasional smart aleck comment. Interacting with them always ensures that you'll have a good time.

I chatted with Ian about Barack Obama. Turns out he went to the rally at Key Arena on Friday. The doors opened at 11:00 AM, and the 20,000 seats were filled at 11:10 AM. Three thousand people were turned away at the doors. I wish I could have made it. Ian definitely has a passion for politics.


When I haven't been curling, Artfest has been in my head. Getting my trades ready, and putting my art supplies together. Its not until April, but as I am busy concentrating on my trades, I do not think I will have much time to play with my paints and inks. I hope I can have about 75 stuffies ready by the time April rolls around. I've also been tossing the idea of making fleece scarves for people who are used to warmer weather. I was supposed to leave early, and try my hand at one or two of them tonight. *sigh*

Anyways, Gravity our beagle, has been fed and watered. I'm going to play with her for few minutes before I wind down for the evening. Good night, sleep tight, and plenty of dreams about making art.

No comments: