Saturday, December 29, 2007

Busy holiday week...






Its been a very busy holiday week. I worked a whole day and a half.

Thursday evening, we had a scotch party. Bob T and Chris O showed up from the curling club. Our friends Mark and Lisa also attended. Tom J from across the street stopped by for a wee dram. Sadly, Scott M was unable to make it, having managed to acquire pink eye in both of his eyes. There was much scotch imbibed, and a few games of dominoes.

Friday, I watched over my cousin Austin. We started off with Breakfast at Mae's. Unfortunately, the food just isn't as good as it used to be. We then headed over to the Woodland Park Zoo, where we froze our behinds off. Austin opted to wear my spare fleece jacket, and played Ichabod Crane. He had me zip the jacket over his head, and had me guide him around the zoo. We stopped by monkey island, saw gorillas, giraffes, penguins, zebras, and elephants.

After the zoo, we went to a comic book store, Half Price Books, and then to downtown Seattle to play at Gameworks. After a couple of hours playing video games, I got him a belated holiday gift. Dragonballz 3 for his new Wii. He patiently allowed me to stop by the curling club, to watch the juniors play a few ends. Jeremy was there with Mark, and they were enticed to play a couple of games of foosball.

Saturday was spent viewing pieces at Ethan Allen.

Sunday was a continuation of watching the juniors curl. The team our Friday night skip was on won. It was a close game.

Tonight, we head out to Mark and Lisa's for a informal New year's Eve party.

No comments: