Saturday, September 27, 2008

Wow. What a Friday.

My Friday morning didn't start out the greatest. I got to work early. Had an impromptu meeting with the owner of the company. Learned some interesting information that I couldn't and still can't share with anyone. I felt like a pan of Jiffy Pop popcorn sitting over a fire.

Just after 2 pm, my day took a turn. My Amazon package arrived. An experienced back end reached out to Jeremy and I to see if we wanted to curl Sunday Mixed with them. We've been looking for an experienced back end all summer. Turns out, they saw my bit on the Chips of Granite Blog "Tales of an Obsessed 2nd year curler.." Hurray for blogging.

A few minutes after that, I received an email from Sara, the 2nd on my competitive women's team. We were approved for $600 in funding. We are now a funded team! I let out a scream, and did some Snoopy dances while I was at work.

I rushed home after picking up the fixings for Friday's dinner. We quickly ate, then headed to a single malt Scotch tasting at Daryl's. Daryl is a curler, and our skip for our Friday night league. Anyways, 7 scotches later, our car is still at his house. We caught a ride home with Dani and Bob T. My head hurts, and I have to get up in less than 7 hours to volunteer. Holy crap.

No comments: