Saturday, June 14, 2008

Busy day full of birthday parties.








Today was filled with birthday parties.

This morning I went to help my Aunt Mayme with Austin's birthday party. Austin is turning 9 in a couple of days. They party was held at a roller skating business (akin to the Skate King that I grew up with).

When we arrived there, it was fairly empty. Austin's party had 10 kids that turned out. It was fairly easy to manage compared to the previous year. I ended up putting a pair of roller skates on, and it was almost as easy as getting back on a bicycle. It was even easier after I put on the right size of roller skates (duh, roller skates are unisex. pick a size smaller). I was able to move forward fairly fast, and still have the ability to turn around and skate backwards. Pretty fancy.

After I got home, I got ready to go to Mary M's 50th birthday party. Mary M being an acquaintance of ours that we met through curling. A large amount of people that attended were curlers. It was fun to hang around, have a few beers (or rather, watch others have a few beers) and talk.

We have finished our evening with some pizza from Pagliacci's are are getting ready for a snoozefest.

1 comment:

Ellen Lyn said...

I can totally see you as a roller derby queen, elbows and all!! And speaking of dog farts, all I have to do is say, "WOOoaaaaaaahhh!" and the guilty party runs for her kennel. She knows when she is the offender!