Saturday, January 30, 2010

Mixed Playdowns this weekend!

This weekend are the Mixed Playdowns at the Seattle Granite Curling Club. My team is playing at 9 am, 2 pm, and 7 pm. I am up at 6:15 am to prep breakfast and to try to wake up. It is too early. Meh.

Last weekend was the Women's Bonspiel at the club. My team, comprising of Lysa Hambley, Em Good, Beth C, Sara Skulec, and myself won the C bracket. We won our first game on Saturday, lost our 2nd game which dropped us to the C bracket, and then won the next 3 games. We played a total of 3 games on Saturday and 2 games on Sunday. Our prize: a champagne goblet with Seattle Granite etched in it and a bottle of wine.

I'm always happy to win, but the only time I've won money is with Jeremy at last year's Novice spiel in Langley. I've won a pin, a bronze medal, drink tickets, and now, a bottle of wine and a champagne goblet. Next year, my plans are to be in the money. :D

I've been terribly cranky and tired since last Saturday. I went on the South Beach diet to lose about 10 lbs before the US Women's Nationals. No simple carbs and refined sugars. Gah. This 2nd time of being on the diet has been much harder than the first time.

Of course, it is also curling season, where all sorts of tasty carbs: breads and desserts are paraded in front of me. Sigh. 5 lbs down. 5 lbs to go before I start phase 2. Here's hoping I can hold to it with three 10 end games coming up today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice brief and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you on your information.