Sunday, June 03, 2007

Take me out to the ballgame.

The VP of operations gave me a pair of tickets to see the Seattle Mariners play the Texas Rangers yesterday. The Mariners won, 5 - 4. They were fantastic seats, aisle 123, row 22, seats 9 and 10. I invited my hubby's cousin Jeff, but he was already busy, so I took my dad.

It was dad's first time to Safeco field. He seemed to enjoy the game. We had some drunks sitting behind us. There was a very large gentleman from the Lakewood area sitting to the right of me. He was eating a bowl of Ivar's clam chowder, and with every two or three bites, would dribble some down the front of his shirt.

He proceeded to make small talk with me, and of course, almost immediately started with one of my pet peeves.
Large man,"Are you from Japan?"
Me "No."
Large man, "Are you from Korea?"
Me "No."
Large Man, "Are you from China?"
Me "No."
Large man starts to look perplexed. My father's with me, so I don't want to yank his chain too much. I break down and say "I'm from Seattle."
Now he really looks perplexed. "I was born in Seattle."
Blank look. "But my father sitting NEXT to me was born in China."
Face lights up. "I was in Taipei once."
Sigh. A few more minutes of his remembering the olden days, and it was back to baseball.

Damn, but Sammy Sosa looks scrawny now that he's off the 'roids. That was probably one of the biggest comments I heard at the game. He definitely looks smaller than he used to.

Today was a nice mellow day. Didn't get any arts & crafts done. Just some laundry and a little weeding, and a bit of snoozing with my dog. The hubby took me out for dinner , and we browsed for a little at Third Place Books. How good was I? I didn't buy ANY books. Although there was on that I ogled and had a hard time leaving alone. I have too many projects, and not enough time for a new one.

No comments: