Monday, July 12, 2010

Urban Craft Uprising Summer 2010




This Saturday I started off by helping my hubby get his kayak on the car. After that, we went to check out our garden in the backyard. The next few moments were not so good. A bug flew into my eye, and then got caught underneath my eyelid. Ouch! It took a good 5 minutes before I could get it out.

I dragged by best friend Maya out to Seattle just after 8 am. We got in line for the Urban Craft Uprising, arriving at 8:45 am for a chance to get one of the highly talked about swag bags. 8:45 am turned out to be a little too early. By 9:30 am however, the line had wrapped around the corner and out of site. If you got there by 10 am, it was probably too late to get a swag bag.

Was it worth it? Standing for two hours? I think the experience was worth doing it once. Would I do it again? Probably not. What you get is kind of a crap shoot. Some of the bags have really cool things, and some of the bags were not so cool. I had one of the better bags. I had a journal, felted hair clips, buttons, scissors, and a lighter. The lighter was from Yarnia. I was confused at what they were trying to promote by having their name on a lighter. It would have been more helpful to come with a card to say what it was used for, if it was for crafting with.

The rest of UCU was fun. It was the same as summer before. My favorite booths included ShellyEtc and glam.spoon. I was a little sad, glam.spoon didn't have the colors I was interested in this time. They had one skirt I was in love with on the sale rack, but it was a smidge too small. :(

There was a new outstanding booth. Bella Designs. She modified jackets and gave them a hoody and other decorations. They were incredible. I tried a few, but they didn't fit my body type so well.

It's always a good time when I get to hang out with Maya and crafts.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello! Do you use Twitter? I'd like to follow you if that would be okay. I'm undoubtedly
enjoying your blog and look forward to new updates.

Also visit my web site; Lift and glow pro review

Anonymous said...

I have to thank you for the efforts you have put in penning this blog.
I really hope to see the same high-grade blog posts by you later on
as well. In truth, your creative writing abilities has motivated me to get my very own blog now ;)

my homepage :: http://trimextrindiet.com