Sunday, May 17, 2009

A weekend of sun and the annual meeting.

This was a nice mellow weekend filled with sun, friends, and homemade ice cream sandwiches. Well, the ice cream wasn't home made, but close enough this time around.

Saturday Jeremy and I started off our day with the NAMI walk. We were with Bob Thibodeaux, his sister and an Italian exchange student. The weather was beautiful compared to last years chilly, misty walk.

After our walk, we went to the U Village so Jer could pick up a new monitor at the Apple store and get lunch at the Ram brew pub.

From there, we went to the club to get the tables set up for the annual meeting. An hour plus later, we went home and I took a 15 minute nap and then Gravity out for a walk.

We were back at the club just after 4:30 pm so Jeremy could help finishing prepping everything for the meeting. I was nice being able to see everyone. I talked with Lisa M, Bob T, Mark B, Susan S, Leslie F, my teammate Sara S and others. After the traditional meeting and dinner it was time for them to hand out crystal. To my surprise, our team received beer steins from the WSCA for being the Washington State Women's Champions. LOL. Jeremy and I also received crystal for being runner up in the Friday Night League (Bah, we only lost one game. That game was in the semi finals, and to the skip and vice that we played with our 1st season, which was last year).

A few of us hung around and closed down the club just after midnight. Just some good old end of the season fun.

Today we slept in a little. It was also another super nice day. I did a couple of loads of laundry, Jeremy mowed the lawn, and we both weeded for awhile. We prepped for dinner and I made Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies off a recipe I got from Lisa R. They didn't look as nice as hers did, but they were very tasty and made for awesome ice cream sandwiches.

Joel Russ came over to drop off his broom for Jeremy to take to the Hollywood spiel next weekend and had dinner with us. Steak, pasta salad, salad and dessert. To finish our evening we watched Men With Brooms.

1 comment:

dogfaeriex5 said...

you are so sweet to leave me a message! thank you for the good wishes..hey email me, i cannot find your email, i will let you know how the surgery goes..xo~