Monday, November 19, 2007

Turkey Shot!



Yesterday, I got to test out my new shoes. Idiscovered that they were really fast, partially caused by the fact I have a thicker teflon slider than I need. Drills to gain my balance and strengthen my legs and knees up in the near future. So lots of fun in the upcoming weeks.

We won our novice game match! We started out behind, but made a big comeback in the 4th end with 6 points. Near the end, Jeremy was invited to join the 6:00 pm draw as a sub until Ian got there.

Because we stayed to watch that match, we were invited to participate in the Turkey Shot, where instead of a rock, we threw a frozen turkey across the ice. Prizes : Frozen turkey, Wild Turkey, and a stick of butter shaped like a turkey. Gobble, gobble. I got edged out to 4th or 5th place. Jeremy took 3rd and the Wild Turkey. $4.00 for a bottle of Wild Turkey? Not a bad deal.

Additionally, Jeremy had a spectacular fall sweeping a turkey, which I think will be on the news. Here's to his 15 seconds of fame.

No comments: